Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Great God Pan Is Not Dead!

The Great God Pan is not dead!
I've just been asleep...
But now I'm awake.

Like a volcano
I've been dormant for too long,
Now I'm strong;
Found my song
Get my pipes
And I'll play it.

Yeah, I'm up from my slumber
Shed the sleep
that encumbered
My nature
And it's time now
to say it.

Done with crosses
and guilt.
Use what's under my kilt
To wipe piety
Out of the way.

Out with Pisces--
The fish--
Had enough of that dish
Its time
has been long overstayed,
Overplayed.
I must play...

On my pipes
Just a goat
Hittin' note after note
Sowin' oats
Leading girlies astray.

And I'm ripe for the pickin'
Finger lickin'
Like chicken
Always randy, but
Keepin' it real.

Make them reel
Cause I'm rank.
Yeah, my funk
And my stank
Will contribute
To making them squeal.

And as I stroll
Through the woods
Spreading love
with my goods
Bringing life
to the world-weary souls.

I'll bleat out
and I'll call
With my fecund "Y'all!
Wake up
Come dance 'round
My Maypole!"

No, Pan isn't dead
Despite what they said
When the death cult
Took over the world.

I've just been haunting the nooks,
Of the forests and brooks,
Waiting for the right time to unfurl.

No comments: