Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Okay, Back to Politics

This is from an e-mail to the Daily Dish:
The Clintons are like the arsonist firefighter in the movie Backdraft -- using their political skills to create divisive and destructive fires in an attempt to dominate their opposition, and then immediately promoting themselves as the only firefighters that will put them out. They did it in the White House by making Bill's indiscretions a partisan issue, and now they're doing it with the gender and race issue. And it baffles me how willing Hillary supporters are to continue to participate in this cynical and destructive mechanism.

I'm a very politically interested Dem in a large family of moderate to conservative Republicans and Independants. I can, and have, made a good case with them for Obama, but there's no way I can justify a Hillary nomination to myself, much less to them. If the Dems are short-sighted and suicidal enough to give a Hillary the nomination instead of seizing the opportunity with Obama to create a once-in-a-lifetime historical political realignment in this country, they can count me, my family, and many of my Dem friends out this Nov.
I'm seeing more and more e-mails like this. Of course, they're to be taken with a grain of salt. Feelings get hurt and things get said in the heat of the moment that may not be followed through on when push comes to shove. But it's a sentiment that the Clintons should be wary of. Their ends-justify-the-means tactics may just come back to haunt them.

No comments: