Saturday, March 1, 2008

Walk A Day In My Shoes

Now here's an Obama video that I can post proudly. It was made by SEIU, one of the unions who have endorsed Obama. I found it over at Firedog Lake.



An explanation of its content:
I was looking at YouTubes this morning with DeVeria who does FDL's accounting and I showed her this Obama video that the SEIU did as part of their "walk a day in my shoes" program. Basically, the union made all of the presidential candidates working for their endorsement spend a day with one of their members. The Obama video they created was especially touching, and when I showed it to DeVeria she said "you have to put that up on your website."

I also bring it up because although I know the Obama campaign didn't make it, I think the creators are barking up the wrong tree with all the celebrities in this. The concern and respect that Obama shows for ordinary working people in the SEIU video is infinitely more moving.

No comments: