Monday, February 4, 2008

Cradled In Beauty

Woke late this morning, around 10 a.m.I'm sitting in the sun room of the Honeymoon cottage of Kona Cottages. The room is filled with odd furniture that looks like it belongs in a museum, something from the Baroque Era maybe. It's got carved, curvaceous wooden legs and a deep red upholstery with a gold flower pattern. Not terribly comfortable, but not too uncomfortable either.


A gecko is climbing the wall a mere five feet from where I sit. I don't know what it is but I feel very drawn to them. They're shy, but curious and very...I don't know, respectful of our space. I love geckos! I had no idea. Never paid them much attention before outside of those cool Geicko commercials. But they're cool little guys. I'd love to have one as a pet, though I don't know if they're pet adaptable. 

It rained all night, but has since stopped. The fragrance in the air is unbearably gorgeous, sweet and earthy. The sky is a light gray, baby blue and white and the light breaking through the clouds is a sweet, gentle white. Half of the time it's impossible to tell where the ocean ends and the sky begins. At first, I found this a little disorienting, but I've come to love it. There's a real sense of being enveloped in softness, cradled in beauty.


God, I'm going to miss this place.

No comments: