Monday, May 5, 2008

Hillary McCain

The more Clinton speaks the more I wonder how exactly she would run against McCain in the fall. I'm considering that they're running on virtually the same platform now. The Iraq vote, bomb Iran, the gas tax holiday. Now this:
Clinton In 2005: 'I Agree With McCain' On Long-Term Iraq Presence
Three years ago, during an appearance on CBS, Sen. Hillary Clinton stated that she agreed with the overarching premise of John McCain's Iraq policy: that America's commitment to the war shouldn't be based on time frames but rather on the level of troop casualties. She even cited, as McCain now regularly does, that the United States would be well suited to follow a model for troop presence based on South Korea, Japan, or Germany.

"Senator McCain made the point earlier today, which I agree with, and that is, it's not so much a question of time when it comes to American military presence for the average American; I include myself in this. But it is a question of casualties," said Clinton. "We don't want to see our young men and women dying and suffering these grievous injuries that so many of them have. We've been in South Korea for 50-plus years. We've been in Europe for 50-plus. We're still in Okinawa with respect to protection there coming out of World War II."


Granted, that was three years ago and things have changed. Still, her instincts on this issue are just flat out wrong as far as I'm concerned. I just don't want faux-hawk DINO in the White House.

No comments: