Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ashland Travels

In order to counter the reintegration blues that seem inevitable after a vacation, I've decided to try a little exercise. It's something I remember reading in a how-to book on travel writing over a decade ago. The author suggested walking around your home town and viewing it through the lens of a traveler. Start writing about places, events, experiences as if you were merely visiting. See the place with new eyes.

So, with that in mind, I'm going to start a new series of posts about life in Ashland. Mostly, I'll just post a pic or two, at least for starters. Occasionally, I may write some commentary on current events in town. Or my tricky relationship with living here. It will evolve over time, I'm sure.

To get started, though, here is a pic of the coffee shop where I spend the lion's share of my days working, blogging, or meeting friends.

An exterior shot:






















And a view from where I often sit:


1 comment:

Pete said...

Cool idea. I look forward to seeing how it takes shape.