Friday, February 15, 2008

Blogtionary

I've been meaning to write this post for some time now and just haven't gotten around to it. My enthusiasm for election year politics has derailed most other interests. But I've been inspired by Slate's Barackopedia, and besides, I can't have a blog that's All Obama All The Time. Even I'm not that much of a fanboi. 

Anyway, since the advent of the word blog into the vernacular, there has been at least one spinoff neologism, vlog (meaning video blog). Now surely, with 6 billion-plus people in the world there must be some others out there, but I've not come across any. 

So I've taken upon myself to create a few more and document them here so I can take full credit should they ever enter the mainstream. Here they are for your reading pleasure.

phlog: Photo blog. A blog that features photos only with little to no commentary (see Stuck in Customs)
frog: A friend's blog. A blog that is read primarily by one's circle of friends (see Insatiable Itch
pollog or plog: A political blog. A blog that focuses primarily on politics (see Washington Monthly's Political Animal)

Feel free to send me your entries via the comments thread. I'll give full credit for any that I use (you know, so the four people who actually read this can know it was yours).

1 comment:

Om Shanti said...

how about "Clog," a blog about shoes.... :-)
mmm... maybe that's what I should blog about, Shoes!
Oh I'm drooling already.