Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Setting The Record Straight

In a previous post I commented on Hillary's apparent arrogance when she made this statement: 
Occasionally, I am a human being like everybody else...
Well, it seems the transcript left out an important indication of a stammer. Later this afternoon, I heard audiotape of the statement, and I think that this is one of those cases where she did misspeak. There was clearly a pause in between "occasionally" and "I", as though she were going to say one thing (like "Occasionally, I fuck up," but then took a different course and said "I am a human being like everyone else. This happens to me all of the time and under far less stressful situations, so fair's fair, I thought I should correct the record.

God knows, she says enough that deserves legitimate criticism. I'm not going to pile on when it's not deserved.

No comments: