Monday, March 24, 2008

She Stood By Her Husband

I just heard a snippet of an NPR piece on last-minute Democratic registration drives in PA. They interviewed both an Obama and a Clinton supporter. The Obama supporter gave as reasons for her support his ability to inspire, his judgment, and his positions. Clinton's supporter said something along these lines (quoting from memory so not verbatim): "I haven't been following the race closely. She's been around. She stood by her husband. She got that experience." I wish I could remember exactly what she said, but it doesn't matter because it basically amounted to a multi-syllabic version of "mrghathhr." 

It was all I could do to keep from screaming at the radio. What the hell kind of thought process is that?!? Are you aware that you have a brain fully capable of critical thinking?Um...right!?!? What the fuck!?!?!  

Well, whatever. Pennsylvania's going to go for Clinton anyway, though I think Obama will make it a much closer race than expected. At any rate, it seems that the trends from previous states are holding: Obama's getting the people who pay attention, the smarter sorts, and Clinton's getting the dimmer bulbs. 

Now before you Clintonites out there (do any actually read this?) jump down my throat, I'm not saying that all who support Clinton are dim—that's clearly not the case, as I know some very smart people who support her. (Why do smart people do dumb things is a topic for another post....Just kidding!!!) I am saying that all who are dim vote for Clinton, however.

Turns out that despite the tired old stereotype of liberals being egg-headed intellectuals, there are Blue dummies out there just as there are Red ones (hopefully not as many, though)...and all of the exit polls show that they prefer Hillary. Go figure. 

No comments: